Tuesday 23 April 2013

a week with tonsillitis

Early last week while I was building with the team I started to get a headache and fever so my day was cut short and I went back to bed. Over the next few hours my fever went crazy and I got worse headaches and a sore throat which made it harder and harder to swallow. The next day I had a Malaria test which came out negative (phew), so after another awful night I went to a doctor in Luanshya. The doctor seemed to have a good reputation and the Hands at Work volunteers who live here trusted him (medical help can be a bit dodgey over here) so I went and was diagnosed with Tonsillitis and was given a long injection that seemed to last hours and then a course of Antibiotics. After a few more horrible days and fevery nights I finally started to feel better towards the end of the week.

I had a slow weekend and then on Sunday I started to help set up the accomodation for the Hands at Work conference that is on over the next few days. My role at the conference is on the audio/visual team so I'm spending my days half on the sound desk at the back of the conference and half photographing and filming bits of the conference for the media team. I'm really enjoying having my camera back in my hands for a while, hoping to get some good material for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment