Monday 3 June 2013

A rough week and some vlogs:

The last week and a bit has been a weird one, early last week I was told my Grandpa had spent the weekend in hospital. I won't go into details but on Thursday afternoon he passed away. He had been ill for a long time so it wasn't a shock, but still that hardly helps with news like that. So as a result my week has been a bit muddled up, I've been doing all the usual work and jobs but I've done it with an odd feeling of being a bit far away from reality which isn't a nice feeling.

On Saturday I entered a 36km mountain bike race with Dave, Juanita, Paul, Cathy and their son Mathew. It was the best race I've done yet and I came 19th in my category despite having broken my chain and then a badly signposted section (about 50 of us got lost) which must've cost me at least 20 minutes. I only finished 13 minutes behind Dave so I was happy with my performance, then that evening we all went for a braai at the Paul and Cathy's. Then on Sunday afternoon about 20 volunteers got together at Hands and had a great game of Ultimate Frisbee so I'm pretty tired after a sporty weekend.

I've finally managed to upload a few more video blogs so here you go:

Mankele race weekend: https://vimeo.com/67327835

Swaziland camping weekend: https://vimeo.com/67336599

No comments:

Post a Comment